- Deposit – A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due in full 60 days prior to your arrival date.
- Cancellation – If you cancel your reservation within 60 days you will be provided a refund minus a 10% cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 60 days before your arrival, we do not provide a refund, unless we can re-rent your unit. If we do re-rent your unit, you will get a refund, minus our 10% cancellation fee. You must contact us in writing if you need to change or cancel your reservation. The 10% cancellation fee is on the Grand Total.
- Travel Insurance – We strongly recommend you obtain travel insurance. We do not refund for personal or natural emergencies.
- Double Occupancy – is defined as two persons per bed. All our beds are queen sized. Any more will necessitate an additional $50.00 per night per person charge. Our Hibiscus Two Bedroom Suite has a sleeper sofa and is the only room we allow additional guests.
- Non Smoking – We are a no smoking property. There is no smoking inside the buildings, on the porches or on the balconies. There is a smoking area provided away from the buildings.
- Breakage – in the event of damage to the unit or its contents, we reserve the right to charge you a fee to recover our expenses.
- Termination of Stay – we reserve the right to ask troublesome guests to leave after giving fair warning of our concerns.
- Refunds – there are no refunds for late arrivals or early departures – for any reason
Getting To St. John
Airline Service: Direct to St. Thomas or via San Juan, Puerto Rico, by American, Delta, JetBlue, Spirit or United. Important: remember to bring proof of citizenship (either passport or birth certificate and valid photo ID) for departing through US Customs.
Taxi from the airport: There are plenty of taxis available at the airport. Taxi fare is approximately $17.00 per person to Red Hook (40 minute ride) and $10 to Charlotte Amalie (15 minute ride). They charge additional fee for luggage of $2 a bag.
Ferry Schedule: Red Hook, St. Thomas to Cruz Bay, St. John: the ferry departs on the hour, every hour from 6 am to midnight, everyday of the week, including Sundays and holidays. The cost is $8.15 per person plus $ 4.00/bag and it is a 20-minute ride. ). The Charlotte Amalie ferry from downtown St. Thomas to Cruz Bay leaves at 10:00am, 1:00 pm, and 5:30pm. This costs $15 plus $4.00 a bag and is a 40-minute ride to St. John. *******(CHARLOTTE AMALIE FERRY IS NOT RUNNING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE).
Please provide us with your flight info (airline, flight number, arrival time) at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. Also, please let us know if you will be renting a vehicle on arrival day, and if so from where. We provide detailed driving directions to our guests because there are no street signs on St John and it can be a little tricky the first time!
We do require a telephone call or text to 340-227-7179/340-227-6769 when you are at the ferry dock in St Thomas and know which ferry you will be on to St. John. This will allow us to estimate your arrival so we can be here to greet you! We do assume all guests will come directly to Coconut Coast Villas upon arrival to Cruz Bay for check in. If you have other plans, please keep us informed. Check in time is 3 p.m. and we are normally in the office from 3-6 p.m. to greet arriving guests.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Coconut Coast Villas directly on the ocean?
The property is directly on the ocean. It is not a sandy beach but is a pebble beach. We sit right on the edge of Turner Bay that is accessible though the gate from our oceanfront pool deck. Our guests enjoy the privacy of a quiet beach and many take walks along the shore, looking in the many tidal pools and searching for shells.
Do you provide Pick-Up & Drop-Off services?
We are no longer able to provide pick up service from the ferry dock to Coconut Coast Villas. We ask that you make arrangements for a rental car, or take a taxi to Coconut Coast Villas upon you arrival on St. John. The taxi ride is approximately 5 minutes and costs $5 per person, plus a few dollars for each piece of luggage.
How can I stock my Villa with food, ice and beverages?
There are two options. In order of least expensive to most expensive, they are: First there are several grocery stores near by that you can walk or drive to in order to quickly stock up yourself. Second, we can stock your condo with provisions. Please order one of the provisioning packages online when you book, or contact us directly. Additional charges apply.
Do you provide car seats or, cribs?
We do not offer these supplies but they can be arranged though our partner Suzy Christy. You can contact her to reserve these types of items and arrange delivery at 340-776-6889 or on the web at WWW.CHRISTYSOFSTJOHN.COM
Can you swim or snorkel off the beach in front of the accommodations?
Turner Bay offers great snorkeling but only for an experienced swimmer with booties. Frank Bay, only a two-minute walk from here along a nature trail, also has amazing snorkeling.
How far is the property from a sandy beach?
Frank Bay, a five minute walk away, has a wonderful sand and pebble beach that offers snorkeling and one of the island’s premium sunset locations. The North shore, only 45 minute hike or a ten-minute drive from the property, is home to over a dozen world famous pristine white sand beaches.
Can you walk to Cruz Bay?
Cruz Bay is only a ten to fifteen minute walk from the accommodations. We have maps available to help you get familiar with our little island.
Do you provide beach chairs, coolers, and beach towels for your guests?
Yes, we do provide beach chairs, coolers, and beach towels for our guests.
Are all of your units waterfront and does each have a balcony?
Yes, all of our units are waterfront! You can see and hear the Caribbean Sea from all of our accommodations and each has it’s own spacious private balcony to soak up the sun drenched view.
Is there parking for the accommodations?
Each suite has its own designated off the street parking spot.
Are there spa services available at your resort?
You can arrange to have a massage in your suite or on your balcony. There are also several day spas in the area, please contact us directly at 340-693-9100 for more information.
How can I rent a car while I am on St. John?
There are a number of car rental companies on St. John. We recommend that if you want to rent a car that you do make a reservation in advance.
How can I arrange for boating or other activities in advance?
We are happy to assist you in planning your activities while you are here on the island. There are a number of options for boating trips and other watersports activities. Please feel free to call us so we can share some recommendations with you. Getting on the water is one of the best things you can do here on St. John. It allows you to experience the island in a way that cannot be accomplished from land alone. Some popular options include a romantic sunset sail or a full day four island adventure or a motor boat based picnic or a full day of fishing or a full or half day sailing adventure. It al depends on what you like. Chances are there is a trip to match your interests. Just let us know and we will book the reservations for you!